ACLS, BCLS & PALS Certification
Instructions for Completing Your ACLS, BCLS & PALS Certification
Part 1 (Online Assessment):
- Visit http://www.onlineaha.org/. Once you reach the home page, find the "Course Catalog box" and click on “healthcare professionals.”
- Select desired course:
- Heart Code ACLS Part 1 ($120.00)
- Heart Code PALS Part 1 ($120.00)
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Online Part 1 ($28.50)
- *Course cost includes being able to go back into the course content for two years from date of purchase to review.
- Complete the online coursework.
IMPORTANT: After purchasing and completing your desired course(s), please print the completion certificate. The certificate will include your name, date, and course completed.
The written test is part of the course content. You will have 30 days to complete your skills verification with an instructor.
Part 2 (Skills Verification):
- Once you have completed the requirements for Part 1 of ACLS, BCLS, or PALS Certification, you will need to call Organizational Development at (319) 398-6143 to set up an appointment for your skills verification. Allow approximately 30 minutes for BCLS per person, and 45 minutes each for ACLS & PALS per person.
- Remember to bring your completion certificate with you to the skills verification appointment to give to the instructor.
After you complete Part 2 (Skills Verification) with an instructor, your American Heart Association (AHA) completion card will be mailed within 2 to 3 weeks to your home address.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mercy Organizational Development at (319) 398-6143.